Adapted from Taste and Tell
Italian Ground Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can of sweet corn (drained)
- Italian seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hot or regular paprika (1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 24 slices of provolone cheese
- 16 oz tube of refrigerated biscuit dough
Season and brown your ground beef (adding the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce as well). Add the carrots, onion, and celery and cook until they soften (about 10 minutes).
Add the can of diced tomatoes and the can of corn, and cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently.
Stir in the cup of ricotta cheese.
Spoon half of the ground beef mixture into a 9 X 13 baking dish. Layer the 12 slices of provolone. Cover with the rest of the mixture, and then layer in the other 12 slices.
Top with the biscuit dough. Brush the biscuits with butter and sprinkle them with pepper.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!