I suppose I should mention this isn’t traditional. I put my own spin on it!
Spicy Chicken Sausage in Thai Coconut Sauce
- 3 bell peppers of any color (I bought the tricolor bag)
- 1 onion
- 1.5 pounds of spicy jalapeno chicken sausage (the maple would be good too)
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of green curry sauce
- 1/2 bag of Thai rice noodles (I bought the fat kind that looks like alfredo) OR rice
Cut up the onion and bell peppers. Sautee for 5-10 minutes.
In another pan, brown the chicken sausage.
Add the sausage, onion, and peppers to one pan (doesn’t matter which).
Add all your other ingredients. Cook for about 10-15 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. This should reduce the sauce.
Serve over rice or noodles.