Yesterday, my family and I went to the Hartville Flea Market. They had different kinds of noodles (Mrs. Miller’s brand), so I bought the tomato basil and spinach. I couldn’t wait to make something with the noodles!
My mom makes chicken and noodles all the time, and it’s delicious. I used what I know from watching her but mixed up and played with the ingredients.
Tomato Basil Sausage and Noodles
- 1 bag of Mrs. Miller’s Tomato Basil noodles
- 2 boxes of chicken broth
- carrots and onions (1 whole onion, about 15 baby carrots cut)
- tomato basil seasoning (or just regular Italian)
- large can of diced tomatoes
- 1.5 pounds of loose hot sausage (go with the sriracha or jalapeno if you like it hotter!)
Sautee your carrots and onions over medium heat in a stock pot for about 10 minutes. While this is cooking, brown and drain the sausage in another pan.
Add the diced tomatoes, sausage, and stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add the noodles, and cook until tender (about 10 minutes).
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.