Sloppy joes are pretty easy to make when you have ground beef and a can of Manwich. I had the ground beef…but no Manwich. I decided to make my own!
Homemade Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds of fresh ground chuck
- 1 onion
- 2.5 cups of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons of mustard
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon each of the following: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each of the following: crushed red pepper flakes, sriracha, red curry powder, turmeric
*You can add whatever spices you want. I threw in whatever I felt like. Just make sure you have enough salt & pepper.
Season your ground beef with all the dried spices. Brown your ground beef, and drain the fat.
Add your onion to the skillet (with the ground beef), and cook til it softens.
Mix up the sauces and water. Pour over the ground beef mixture and stir. Let this cook over medium heat for at least 10 minutes. The longer it cooks or the longer it sits, the better it tastes! If you have time to let it cook longer, cook over medium/low heat.
Serve with delicious hard rolls, buns, or over hot dogs. Enjoy!